Rape Victim Advocates (RVA) is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the healing and empowerment of sexual assault survivors through non-judgmental crisis intervention counseling, individual and group trauma therapy, and medical and legal advocacy in the greater Chicago metropolitan area. RVA provides public education and institutional advocacy in order to improve the treatment of sexual assault survivors and to effect positive change in policies and public attitudes toward sexual assault.
RVA envisions a world where prevention efforts and global awareness of sexual violence expose rape myths, remove stigmas, eliminate rape and support all people as equal members of society.
As we continue to work on the behalf of the survivors of sexual assault, we, the board and staff of Rape Victim Advocates are committed to:
- Providing consistent, comprehensive and victim-centered services which address the needs of the populations we serve
- Promoting a healthy, stable, and financially diverse workplace that encourages and supports staff
- Working with marginalized and disempowered communities
- Demanding accountability for individuals and institutions who have a responsibility to serve the community
- Promoting prevention efforts to de-stigmatize and de-mythify sexual violence
- Striving to support each person involved in this movement and to understand intersections of all oppressions and how they contribute to a rape culture
Make A Difference
When you make a gift to Rape Victim Advocates, you join hundreds of other supporters who are dedicated to our mission and to our vision.
“My eyes and soul could finally see the life I was designed to live. I felt confident, empowered, encouraged and finally in control of my life. I know that none of this would have been possible without RVA.”Coretta Dixon