Our Board of Directors
RVA’s Board of Directors is a critical component of our work to ensure that survivors of sexual assault are treated with dignity and compassion and to affect changes in the way the legal system, medical institutions and society as a whole respond to survivors. Would you like to contribute your skills and perspective to the leadership of a valued Chicago non-profit? This dynamic governing body combines passion about safety, compassion and justice for survivors of sexual violence and their communities with a diverse set of skills and perspectives in service of RVA’s mission.
The Board of Directors is responsible for
- Ensuring RVA’s programs and services are consistent with its mission and purpose.
- Providing proper financial oversight. The board assists in developing RVA’s annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
- Ensuring adequate resources, including fundraising, for RVA to fulfill its mission.
- Ensuring legal and ethical integrity and maintaining accountability. The board is ultimately responsible for ensuring adherence to legal standards and ethical norms.
- Ensuring effective organizational planning. The board actively participates in an overall planning process and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan’s goals.
- Recruiting and orienting new board members and assessing board performance.
- Enhancing RVA’s public standing. The board clearly articulates the organization’s mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public and garner support from the community.
- Supporting the Executive Director and assessing her or his performance. The board ensures that the ED has the moral and professional support he or she needs to further the goals of RVA.