Ways to Support RVA
You can make a one-time or monthly gift, or make a gift in honor or in memory of an RVA supporter. The honoree’s family will be notified by mail that a gift has been made.
Gifts By Mail
RVA accepts donations of cash, check, or credit cards through the mail. Please make checks payable to Rape Victim Advocates and mail to:
Rape Victim Advocates
Attn: Development Department
180 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 600
Chicago, Illinois 60601
RVA’s Giving Society: Champions for Change
Champions for Change is comprised of Rape Victim Advocates’ most committed supporters who have demonstrated an extraordinary level of leadership. Champions work together to make real change in our communities, confronting rape culture and ensuring compassionate care for survivors of sexual violence. Champions for Change contribute to RVA with a gift of $1,000 or more annually.
When you join Champions for Change, you’ll have the opportunity to receive:
- Complimentary admission to the exclusive annual Champions for Change Luncheon;
- Listing in RVA’s annual report;
- RVA’s monthly donor e-newsletter;
- Exclusive updates about RVA’s latest initiatives; and
- An invitation to RVA’s largest fundraising event of the year, Evening of Impact.
If you’re interested in joining the Champions for Change giving society, please contact Jennie at 312-443-9603 or email@example.com.
RVA supporters can make an honorary or memorial gift online or by contacting Tory at 312-443-9603 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like, the honoree’s family will be notified by mail that a gift has been made.
Many employers offer workplace matching gift programs to support employees’ philanthropic priorities. Contact your Human Resources department to learn more and request an application to send in with your contribution. RVA will submit completed forms to your employer on your behalf. Please contact Tory at 312-443-9603 or email@example.com for more information.
It’s easy to make a gift of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds to RVA and receive tax advantages. Contact Jennie at 312-443-9603 or firstname.lastname@example.org for account information.
Making a gift through payroll deductions is an easy way to partner with your employer to support RVA’s mission. Contact your Human Resources department to learn how to designate RVA as a recipient of your contributions. Please contact Tory at 312-443-9603 or email@example.com for more information
By making a planned gift RVA, you can extend your commitment to supporting survivors and fighting rape culture beyond your lifetime. Your generosity will be felt for generations to come. If you’d like to designate RVA as a recipient in your estate plans, please contact Jennie at 312-443-9603 or firstname.lastname@example.org for account information.
Hosting a fundraiser for RVA
A great way to show your support for survivors is to host a fundraiser for RVA! Here are some tips for planning a successful fundraiser:
- Set your fundraising goal. Participants are more enthusiastic when they have a concrete goal to work toward.
- Determine your audience. Think about the type of people you can get to attend your fundraiser. Are you targeting your friends and family? Co-workers? Fellow classmates or their parents? The type of event that you hold should be tailored to the types of things this group of people will enjoy doing.
- Decide what the event is going to be. It could be a benefit concert, comedy night, art show, or event where part of the proceeds go to the organization. Get creative! Make sure the event is an “experience.” This means that you make your fundraiser fun to participate in.
- Set a budget. Sometimes, you have to spend money to make money. However, in order to know whether you’ve actually made any money for your charity, you need to establish a budget for your fundraising event. Include the cost of things like the venue, items or services for raffles, food and drink, tickets, and guest speakers or entertainers. You may be able to get services, items, and venues donated by local businesses. Explain to them that you are hosting a fundraising event for your charity and that they can earn community goodwill (and exposure for their business) by donating to your event.
- Contact RVA. Let RVA know about your event so we can help with publicity and provide materials and speaker for the event. If you’re interested in hosting a fundraiser with RVA as the beneficiary, please contact Tory at 312-443-9603 or email@example.com.
- Get the word out. Contact local news stations see if they will write a story about your event. Use your contact list to have people spread the word via email and social media.
- Throw an amazing event. Make sure you have plenty of time to set up and have rehearsed the program. Above all, have fun with it!
- Donate the proceeds to RVA. Contact Tory at 312-443-9603 or firstname.lastname@example.org to determine the best way to donate to RVA.
If you’re interested in hosting a fundraiser with RVA as the beneficiary, please contact Tory at 312-443-9603 or email@example.com.